Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hello! Anybody Out There?

Hi!  My name is Melissa and I recently became a stay at home mom.  I'm starting this blog as an outlet basically, to vent the thoughts that cycle through my head at random intervals.  I have a degree in social work and was working full time until recently.  I have been married for almost eight years to my amazingly cool best friend Brad.  We have two children, Korban, who is four, and Selah, who is eleven months.  Korban has autism, asthma, and immune deficiency.  So a lot of what I write will revolve around those challenges and how we attempt to deal with them.  I firmly believe it's better to laugh than cry.  It feels better, plus my face looks really ugly when I cry.  We've had some pretty big changes in our life within the past year.  Selah joined us to complete our family of four in December of 2009.  Two weeks after her birth, my dad passed away.  A bittersweet time, to say the least.  After spending much of this year spinning my wheels, my husband and I came to the realization that we simply had too much on our plates.  So after a lot of talking and praying we decided I would  leave my job and be a stay at home mom.  Basically, just getting Korban to all of his doctor and therapy appointments is a full-time job, and we were spread way too thin.  So we made the best decision we could make and we have peace about it.  I loved my job, but my family is my priority. I feel very blessed to be able to be home with my children and excited about what God has in store for us.  I started this blog after much encouragement from my family, so this is for them.  If you are an innocent bystander who happens to wander across my drivel, read on if you like it and navigate away from this page if you don't.  God bless!

1 comment: